Jwyze hosts a panel featuring Deep2theSoul (DTS), K-Cut, DJ L’Oquenz, and DJ DISSPARE to discuss:
– The presence of Soundsystems and their Caribbean connection
– The emergence of DJs and DJ Crews
– Turntablism and Toronto as a breeding ground of Turntable excellence
– Community radio and its role in building audiences
– Events and radio shows critical to the culture’s growth in Toronto
As shown in the For the Record exhibit currently on display at the TD Gallery, the Soundsystem and the DJ have been the backbone of the development of hip hop culture in Toronto. Through various transformations in DJing technology and the industry highs and lows, we will explore the importance and impact of DJ culture in Toronto.
Please note this event is FREE and open to the genral public as well.